Job Opportunity – Staff Accountant
East Goshen Township is looking for a Staff Accountant
East Goshen Township is hiring a Staff Accountant in its Finance Department. Located between Malvern and West Chester in beautiful Chester County, Pennsylvania, East Goshen is a dynamic, AAA-rated municipality that is home to over 18,000 residents and scores of successful businesses.
Duties of the position include:
- Perform all payroll functions and associated tax reporting.
- Oversee day-to-day human resource administration, including filing workers compensation and disability claims, answering benefit-related questions from employees and liaising with insurance providers as necessary.
- Manage utilities (sewer and refuse) billing collections program, including tracking receivables, sending attorney letters, administering payment plans, and coordinating with the Township Solicitor’s office.
- Other accounting responsibilities include preparing quarterly inter-fund chargebacks and invoices for other Townships funds and organizations, such as the Goshen Fire Company, maintaining escrow accounts, and recording miscellaneous revenue.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in a similar position required, including some combination of payroll, HR administration, collections and general accounting responsibilities.
- The employee must be able to write at a college level.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel.
- Proven ability to master financial software.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Successful passage of a background check with the PA State Police.
The Staff Accountant is part of a three-person team that reports to the Finance Director/Assistant Township Manager. As this position involves substantial interaction with Township residents and numerous external stakeholders, including the Goshen Fire Company, insurance providers, and the Township Solicitor, a strong customer service focus and a professional demeanor are critical components of the job. In addition, the employee must be able to reason, solve problems while being interrupted, and provide oral and written communication to Township residents and employees while maintaining composure. Excellent organizational skills are also required.
East Goshen Township offers a competitive salary and benefit package. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, June 14. Applications received without a cover letter and resume will not be considered. East Goshen Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.