Malvern Public Library Reopening Plans
While we are certainly as excited as you are to see Chester County officially move into the Green Phase, at this point, in an abundance of caution, Malvern Borough is not yet opening our building to the public. We get it. Safety is our top priority. As soon as we get the green light allowing access, we promise to let you know!! Our re-opening will be slow and gradual, but we are looking forward to it as much as you are!
In the meantime, we are still busy working and ready to serve. Curb side pickup is up and running (instructions below), e-books are still flying off the virtual shelf, and our story times and programs have gone live online, including our Summer Reading programs (details below). Check it all out. Literally!Hang in there, wear a mask, wash your hands, stay 6 feet apart, and read a good book – it helps.
- Place a hold on your item(s) of choice online via CCLS.org or the Chester County Libraries app.
- Once your items arrive in our library or become ready to pickup, you will receive an email.
- Click on the link in your email to schedule a pickup time to checkout your library materials.
- Curbside pickup is available in 15 minutes slots. Below is the first and last start times of the pickup slots:
- Monday & Tuesday 1pm-7:15pm
- Wednesday & Thursday 1pm-5:45pm
- Friday 1pm-4:15pm
The Malvern Library quarantines all recently checked out items for at least 72 hours before they are checked in and allowed to recirculate.
Kids Summer Reading:
Visit www.malvernpubliclibrary.readsquared.com to register today (or any day this summer) Our children’s summer reading program will be held entirely online this year. Be sure to log your reading activities for Chester County’s Power Patch Program!
Visit www.malvernpubliclibrary.readsquared.com and scroll to the bottom of the page. Our adult summer reading program will be entirely online this year. Enter to win a $25 local restaurant gift card each week!