Park and Rec Accomplishments
2018 was a big year for the Parks and Recreation Department! Here are some of the highlights!
- East Goshen Township Park playground renovation completed June 30, 2018, becoming the first state funded nature play area in Pennsylvania.
- Secured $980,000 in grants from PA DCNR, DCED and DEP to develop Milltown Dam and Hershey’s Mill Parks. This brings the department’s three year total to $5.6M in grant funding for the Paoli Pike Trail, EGT Park destination playground and Milltown Dam Park capital projects.
- East Goshen Township was designated a Gold level sustainable community by the Pennsylvania Sustainable Community Certified Program, the first in Chester County.
- The Township Farmers Market newest vendor, Mitchell & Mitchell Winery, sold its first bottle of wine on August 23, the first within the Township since Prohibition.
- EGPR’s Mid-Atlantic Camp Dance became the template for NRPA’s National Summer Camp Dance. In total, over 50,000 campers across the country took part, dancing to EGPR moves!
Want to learn more? Read the following: