Update: Whistleblower Complaint – Mariner East Pipeline
As was first reported on October 14, the Township was recently made aware of a whistleblower complaint involving the Mariner East pipeline. This matter involves a dispute regarding geophysical surveys required for Horizontal Directional Drilling along North Chester Road and the potential for subsidence. The Board of Supervisors takes this matter very seriously.
The Township is still collecting facts and information in order to determine the appropriate course of action to protect the health, welfare and safety of Township residents. Since the Board of Supervisors learned about the complaint, Township has taken the following steps:
- Consulted with Chester County’s counsel on the matter
- Interviewed both the whistleblower and their counsel
- Reviewed materials provided by the whistleblower including his Department of Labor Complaint
- Received permission from a property owner to mow, monitor and stake a possible depression
- Reviewed the Township’s Erosion and Stormwater permit
- Consulted with PennDOT, the Public Utility Commission and the Department of Environmental Protection
- Filed Right-to-Know Requests with the Public Utility Commission, the Department of Environmental Protection and the Attorney General’s Office
At the appropriate time, and after consultation with counsel, the Board of Supervisors will determine its next steps in a public meeting. An announcement about this meeting will be posted on our website and disseminated to residents via Constant Contact and NextDoor.