EGTPR Trail System
EGT Parks and Recreation has over 5 miles of connected trail through the Paoli Pike Corridor anchoring our two main parks, EGT Park and Applebrook Park. Due to the unique characteristics of various segments of the trails, there are limitations to user modalities.
- Township trails south of Paoli Pike (Applebrook Park & the Paoli Pike Trail) are multi-modal. Walking, bikes, e-bikes, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades and other non-gas powered modes of transportation are allowed. All pedestrians must adhere to the below speed limits regardless of method of travel.
- Township trails in East Goshen Township Park are for walking only. They do not meet the national 10’ wide width standards for multi-modal trails.
For a full list of trail use guidance and etiquette, click here.
The map below illustrates the East Goshen Township Trail Network.
Click on the map below to enlarge.
The Township would like to thank the following grant funding partners:
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission ($3.2M)
- PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources ($268,000)
- The Chester County Municipal Grant Program ($150,000)
Mr. Shane and all East Goshen Township Board Members,
I wanted to express my appreciation for the Paoli Pike trail project. The past few days I have been able to do my morning runs on the newly opened segment from Reservoir Rd. all the way through the Applebrook side of the park. The trail surface is a pleasure to run on, and what a relief to not have to dodge traffic in order to get in some exercise!
I know that some members of our community have been less than enthusiastic about the construction of the trail, but I feel it is a real asset to the Township. Having this trail will cut down on pollution, free up more parking at the Township Park, allow families to enjoy the outdoors safely, and encourage independence among older children who won’t have to rely on their parents to get them to Wawa or other destinations. I am looking forward to a warm spring evening when we can set out for a walk and then head to the shopping center for a meal without having to get into the car.
I appreciate all of your efforts to make this trail happen.