There are 67 miles of Township roads, as well as 13 miles of state roads in East Goshen Township. Unlike Township roads, State roads are maintained, plowed and paved by PennDOT. The state Roads in the Township are Paoli Pike, Greenhill Road, Route 352 (North Chester Road), Route 3 (West Chester Pike), and Boot Road.
Road maintenance consists of various duties, including:
- Milling and repaving (Township roads are repaved on a 17-year cycle, typically in the early fall)
- Snow plowing
- Street sweeping (typically done sometime in March after the last snowfall)
- Traffic signal maintenance and traffic/street sign replacement (note that the Township also maintains traffic signals and signs on state roads)
- Stormwater management, including clearing inlets of debris
- Maintaining trees and bushes along roads to ensure adequate site distance for vehicle traffic